Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yet Another PR


This weekend I made my decent upon what is the final piece to my PR spread. I’ve now PRed in every event from the 800 on up to the 8k this year; It’s official! I ran the 1500 in Halle, Belgium. It was called the Allonsius B-meeting. You can watch it on Flotrack if you’d like to see the sweet action. The race went pretty much as planned. Although I am finding out in each race I run that the middle portion of my races have been less than par. I had a 400 in the middle that was :72 and I closed in a :67. I need to think out every step of the race I’m about to race but I have not been doing so. I’ve also noticed myself doing this for workouts. I’m not fully invested into the workout. For instance not thinking about what each split needs to be. I really like to “feel” the pace but that doesn’t always cut it, especially with these faster workouts, it is way more important to hit the pace than “feel” it at this point in the season. It’s good that I’m realizing it now, I have some goals set already for next season I guess! I hope to fix these things in the last 2 weeks of training and racing though.

I have another 1500 set for this Saturday at Ninove. I for sure hope to break into the 4, teens. I think coach and I have a good plan set for this one. No falling asleep during this one and I will run right where I think I can! I had 2 solid workouts this week, my legs and mind are feeling amazing. I did some 400’s with Lauren Fleshman on Tuesday and a tempo on Wednesday. It’s been so great getting to meet new people this summer. I love hearing their stories and about their training. It is truly amazing that a lot of us are trained totally different but in the end the results are very similar and where we want them to be. I think all of this will help me be a better coach. As a coach you have to be versatile because each athlete is different and they will need different training and attention but mainly they have to buy into the process that you’re trying to sell them.

I’ll leave yall with a quote for the week: “The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.” – Jim Rohn

Almost forgot(maybe tried to block it out), I’m running an 800 on Sunday in Brussels as well! This should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Nice insight. Good luck this weekend. That 800 is going to seem short!

    ReplyDelete